107 West 11th Street
Coffeyville, KS 67337
Phone: (800) 225-4813 (620) 251-4700
FAX: (620) 251-2215
Winter Driving Tips
What should I include in a winter driving kit? A well-stocked winter driving kit helps to handle any emergency. It should include:
- Properly fitting tire chains
- Bag of sand or salt (or kitty litter)
- Traction mats
- Snow shovel
- Snow brush
- Ice scraper
- Booster cables
- Warning devices such as flares or emergency lights
- Fuel line de-icer (methanol, also called methyl alcohol or methyl hydrate)
- Extra windshield wiper fluid appropriate for sub-freezing temperatures
- Roll of paper towels
- Flashlight and a portable flashing light (and extra batteries)
- Extra clothing, including hat and wind-proof pants, and warm footwear
- First aid kit
- Snack bars or other "emergency" food and water
- Matches and emergency candles - only use with a window opened to prevent build-up of carbon monoxide.
- Road maps.
- "Call Police" or other help signs or brightly coloured banners.
Print me and take me to one of the 6 Carter Automotive locations in SE Kansas. Our friendly and knowledgeable counter staff will help you find the perfect parts for your application at the right price.